2. Wear a dust mask or respirator when using the belt/disc sander for prolonged periods of time. Try to position yourself so that sanding dust will not be thrown toward the breathing zone.
3. Do not reach across the sanding disc to turn the sander on or off. Your arm or hand may touch the edge of the rotating disc and cause a serious cut or entanglement. Move to the front of the sander and turn the machine off.
4. Never wear loose, or baggy clothes when operating the belt/disc sander.
5. Disconnect the electrical power to the sander when changing the belt or disc or making major adjustments.
6. Hold stock steady as it is being sanded, but do not put so much pressure on the sanding disc or belt that the sander slows down.
7. Do not allow hands or fingers to touch the belt or disc when sanding.